The next X|Media|Lab
X|Media|Lab features an elite international network of the worlds outstanding digital media practitioners, innovators, and power-brokers.
Mentors for this Lab include:
- the VP of Business Development from Current TV – Al Gore’s superb cross-platform iTV initiative
- a seriously important delegation from China’s illustrious Beijing Film Academy (including the Dean of Animation, the Head of Digital Media, the Head of Mobile Content, and the Director of New Media and Technlogy at Harbin Institute of Technology, one of China’s nominated world-class
- the Georges Pompidou Centre’s Forum des Image (Mobile Movies)Â
- the Founder and CEO of Bollywood’s biggest entertainment portalÂ
- the Editor of Singapore Press Holdings brilliant new STOMP (“Straits Times Online Mobile Print”) and which are proud to say is the first project accepted into the Lab!Â
- the Creative Director of London’s biggest advertising agencyÂ
- the Chair of the Producers Guild of America’s Interactive Media CouncilÂ
- the Entertainment Technology Center at CMU (and formerly Head of Research at Electronic Arts)Â
- Nokia Research Centre in Finland, and more.Â
- Australian Mentors and Speakers include: Kim Dalton, Director of TV at the ABC (in his first public address since taking up the position); Geoffrey Atherden, Australias most respected TV writer; Paul Daly, Director – Innovation, M-Net; Brad Keeling, Co-founder Slice Wireless; Tom Kennedy ,CEO MediaZoo and Chair of Commonwealth Govt.s Digital Media Industries Action Agenda; Rohan Lund, CEO Yahoo!7; and others.
X|Media|Lab brings together the worlds outstanding digital media
practitioners together with local companies and project teams to work together directly on their local project ideas, helping them get to market, and achieve commercial success.
The theme of this X|Media|Lab is Media Mobility, and focuses on the key changes to digital media content production arising from the emerging dynamic mobile media models. The Lab will select 8 great “Media Mobility” projects to join this awesome network of digital media stars.
The point of the Lab is that these Mentors work with you one-on-one on your own project idea (on creativity, technology, business models, and markets). It’s a unique, incredibly valuable experience.