(This page will be updated as the year progresses with forthcoming and archive links)
- FORTHCOMING – Forward Slash Story 2017, Indonesia – the residential lab I co-run with Lance Weiler, May 11th-15th.
- FORTHCOMING Keynote & Colab Facilitator, “F**k Storyworlds!: A Mischievous Guide of the Latest in Cross Media Design”, Emergence Creative Festival, Margaret River, Western Australia, 29th March-1st Feb. I will be talking about things from my not yet published omg it is coming book!
- Moderator, “Immersed in the Story“, VR Plus, Australian International Documentary Conference (AIDC), ACMI, Sunday 5th March, 2017. Panelists include Navid Khonsari (iNK Stories), Lynette Wallworth (Collisions) and Oscar Raby (VRTOV).
- Panelist, “Making Games on the Side“, Game Development Brisbane, The Glasshouse, QUT, Sunday 5th Feb, 2017. Panelists include James Bowling, John Passfield, Jason Kristy, and Richard Eastes. Moderated by Lee May.
[Making Games on the Side panel, photo by Ashley Davis]
Workshops & Guest Lectures
- Facilitator, “Summer Series – Game Development,” SAE Creative Media Institute, Brisbane, Jan 13th-15th. I designed and ran the design side, and Dr Iain McManus did the scripting side. The teenagers created a hybrid digital-board game in 3 days. I took them through player interviewing, play research, speed ideation sessions, and prototyping.
- FORTHCOMING, Editor & Author for a ToDiGRA journal.
- “A Narrative Designer’s Experience of Amazon’s The Man In the High Castle Resistance Radio Campaign,” Medium, 11th March.
- Contributor in Murdoch-Kitt, K.M. (2017) ‘Before the end is near: finals week ideas‘, AIGA Design Educators Community, 20th Feb.
- Curator, Contributor (2017) Forward Slash Story Alumni Remote Show #2, 31st Jan. This is a regular publication by alumni who participated in the residential lab I co-run with Lance Weiler. The illustration (below) is by my regular artist Marigold Bartlett.
- Contributor (2017) One Year in Now Media Vol IV, Simon Staffans, 3rd Jan, 2017. Other contributors include Mike Monello, Jeff Gomez,Asta Wellejus, Angela Natividad, Lee-Sean Huang, Maya Zuckerman, Andrea Phillips and Steve Peters.
- Interviewee (2017) “Creative Practice and the Law”, Intellectual Property and Innovation Law Research Group, Law School, QUT. 18th Jan. Principal Researcher: Dr Kylie Pappalardo