Topics of learning will include:
- How to develop stories and create a story universe across multiple platforms
- How to adapt traditional storytelling techniques to new media, including structural analysis
- New marketing & distribution models: an exploration of a variety of new platforms, revenue models and direct-to-consumer models â€“ compared against the traditional methods of sales and distribution
- Audience building and engagement using social media tools
- Online tools and services
- Project case studies by leading international filmmakers / practitioners
- Legal and digital rights issues across development, production and financing
- The new skills needed for producers, writers and directors in a multi-platform world
- Project packaging
- Pitching, communication skills & presentation to financiers
These will be taught through a variety of case studies, lectures, small group workshops and one-to-one meetings led by international cross-media experts and pioneers, many of whom have participated at past Power to the Pixel events.
The Pixel Lab will enable European film producers and other media professionals to tap into the creative and business knowledge-base of industries such as tech, online, film, broadcast, gaming, mobile and help promote collaboration and co-operation between European audiovisual professionals.
Applications open Feb 2010 (now/soon!). Check it out.