A blog about the role mobile technologies play in cross-media. Some great examples of technologies that get networked and non-networked media communicating. There are some great video examples of QR codes etc being used in entertainment and gaming.
Vassilen Iotzov’s research for a diploma thesis at the Berlin University about the emergence of mobile TV aesthetics (mainly german-speaking). Once again, lots of great info and videos for those of us who don’t speak German. Iotzov alsoÂ emailed meÂ some great additions to my mobile content round-up, which I’ve now added.
Dean Keep’s research blog for his Masters at RMIT on micro-narratives.
This is a fantastic listing of projects covering mobile art and research.
Emily Turrettini’s sites areÂ always a great resource of information about the industry andÂ creative projects
Oh, and here is a great guide I stumbled upon: DotMobi Mobile Web Developer’s Guide.
I’ve just read the proceedings to Gerard Goggin and Larissa Hjorth’sÂ Mobile Media 2007 and there are some interesting papers. In particular I liked:
- Hidden Meanings: Understanding the new social-psychological impact of mobile phone use through storytelling by Kathleen M. Cumiskey
- From Mobile Phones to Mobile Media: Current developments in mobile phone-based cultural consumption by Juan Miguel Aguado and Inmaculada J. Martinez
- Mobile Phones, Networked Selves, Media Ecologies by Marsha Berry
- Games without Borders: Globalisation, gaming and mobility in Venezuela by Thomas H. Apperley
- Domesticating New Media: a discussion on locating mobile media by Larissa Hjorth
- Perspectives on mobiles and PCs: Attitudinal convergence and divergence among small businesses in urban India by Jonathan Donner
That’s it from me on this topic for now. Let me know of any other sites I’ve forgotten or don’t know about.